Sunday, April 12, 2009

Steamed Creme Dori with Garlic

My family and I have been eating a lot of fish lately. This is because last week was Holy Week and as Catholics, our way of observance was to avoid eating meat. Also, the timing was quite convenient for me and my mom, who both had dental procedures done and still could not chew well.

Pardon the grainy image quality. This picture was taken using my handheld device and not with my usual digicam. I wanted to capture this simple yet tasty dish as soon as possible before it disappears before my eyes.

Ingredients:
Creme Dori, fish-steak cuts
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp EVOO
salt and pepper
*minced ginger is optional

Procedure:
1. Heat EVOO in pan.
2. Fry garlic (and ginger if applicable) until golden brown. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Season the creme dori on both sides with a little salt and pepper.
4. Arrange fish in a steamer and put the garlic (and ginger) on top.
5. Steam until the flesh turns opaque
6. Serve with cooked rice or steamed/buttered vegetables.

No comments: